Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Friend Time

Shortly after we got Woody's dialysis going this afternoon, I headed off to spend a little social distance visiting with two friends. I drove to Carolyn's house and then we headed off to Jo's. Carolyn and I had a gift for the bride and groom for the virtual wedding that I showed the invitation for a while back on the blog. The wedding is drawing closer and the groom and his bride-to-be are going to be in town this weekend. Carolyn and I had fun shopping for the gift virtually...she in her home and me in mine...both of us on our computers checking out the selections that the bride and groom had chosen. The way we do things is so different. I will say that Carolyn and I enjoyed shopping together in this way...though, we probably would both have chosen to go off looking together if the circumstances were different. But this worked. We delivered the gift today to the groom's mom and got to visit for a while...we wore our masks and visited out on Jo's deck...nice afternoon for a visit. We got caught up a bit and look forward to the next time that we can get together. We left with plans in our heads for the next time we might get together...after the wedding...so we can get all the details. I look forward to getting to attend the wedding on my iPad! My main task completed for the day was to cook a pork roast this morning. I found this recipe in one of the cookbooks that I enjoyed perusing some time back. This came from a Roasting cookbook that was in the group and I decided to keep it as I seem to roast meats these days using the convection settings on my oven. This roast is rubbed with olive oil and then with finely chopped fresh rosemary, ground fennel seed, and minced garlic. It is really flavorful and comes out so nice and tender and juicy. It is definitely a keeper recipe. I also roasted a couple of potatoes cut in wedges while I was cooking the roast. Woody likes the potatoes that way...he still doesn't eat a lot of potatoes now that he can once again...but he likes the this way. Woody is well into today's dialysis treatment. I'm going down to check on him and finish cleaning up the kitchen for the night as soon as I publish this. We are due some of the winds and rain from the current hurricane tomorrow. They mentioned on the news tonight that it could bring power outages...we think that we may start his dialysis an hour early tomorrow...we'll see! Power outages were never a major concern before...but would just as soon not have him in the middle of a treatment...would rather keep the power going during the 8-9 hours that it takes for his treatment! But we will adapt if we have to! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment