Saturday, April 3, 2021

A No-Mask Visit

Melany paid us a visit today and for the first time in more than a year we were able to visit with no masks on. Both Melany and Woody were two weeks or more after their 2nd vaccine and I just took my chances with only having my first vaccine. We had a nice visit. I had been planning to cook a pork loin roast sometime this weekend so it was perfect timing. I popped it in the oven before she got here and it was ready when lunch rolled around. We talked about Alex and Brooke's wedding and various and sundry other topics. She stayed till around 2pm when she said that she would leave so Woody and I could go take a nap! And, I did just that! I am still very bothered by my itching, but I will say that I got the first decent night's sleep last night after taking Benadryl and Zyrtec a little before I went to sleep. I'm hoping that the new meds kick in and help to calm down the rash and help alleviiate the itching! Tonight instead of a hard frost warning, we just have a frost warning...so temperatures are rising. It did get down to the upper 20s over night again in the wee hours this morning...it was still in the 20s when we got up around 6:30. Woody also said that he had a better night's sleep. I checked and he only had 1 alarm last night. Hope that eventually he can have no alarms...or at least very rarely have an alarm. We are all settled in for the night. Maybe my afternoon nap will allow me to stay awake so I can put in some more stitches on my latest project. I fell asleep over it this afternoon afer putting very few stitches in it...won't get it finished at that rate! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment