Monday, April 19, 2021

Monday, Monday!

It seems like it has been two Mondays rolled into one today...thus tonight's title! Why I decided to make two all-day recipes is the question! I got Sour Dough English muffins ready to sit over night and got them made first...not a lot to do once I get them ready to rise...put them in the oven on "proof" and let them sit for quite a few hours. The next thing was to make my homemade pulled pork. They finally had the Boston Butt Pork roasts on sale and had some on hand when I shopped last week. Today was the firt day that I had long enough time span that I could get it cooking. This recipe does require a lot of standing over the pot to skim fat, etc. and then get all the meat cut off the bone and finally pulling through it with my large granny fork. The nibbles that I took tell me that it is as good as always. The kitchen is "almost" cleaned up. I still have to do the long pans that I used with the English muffins...those don't fit in the dishwasher...or if they do they block other things from getting clean. What's left to wash isn't bad. The rest of the dishes mess is all in the dishwasher and it is running. And, I have the counter tops and stove top to wipe off...then I will be done. I am taking a break as my back is protesting. Woody has gone to the Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting and then will go to Elijah's game. So he will have had a busy day too once he gets back home. I decided since I was so tired that I would go on and get Woody's dialysis set up...just in case I doze off once I settle into my recliner. At least this way, his treatment will be ready when he gets home and is ready to be hooked up. In the times that I wasn't tending the barbecue pot, I worked on a letter to all the ladies helping with the party that we are giving in a little less than two weeks. Of course, that emailing gave me trouble. I had one email address incorrect...in the end the mama of the party's groom honoree gave me the email I needed. Jo to the rescue! Thanks, Jo! I'm not sure what I will do with the rest of my evening...going to try not to drop off to sleep so I will be able to fall asleep at a decent hour tonight. I may do a little stitching. I can stitch and think through the hemming, etc. of the bridal gown that came into my possession yesterday. I think that Melany was right...it won't be too difficult...but it isn't something to tackle when I am tired...good time to just think about it! I have a bridal crinoline hanging on the shower rod in our hall bathroom and a wedding dress laying on the day bed in the office/2nd sewing room. I'm also thinking about what I will wear to the upcoming wedding of our grandson...thinking about maybe making something...if I can get back "into" sewing. I had an idea of what I want to make over the weekend. Melany, Brooke and I had fun talking while I put pins into the dress to show where I need to fix things. Then we all adjourned to the family room and visited with Woody for a while. It was a nice afternoon. Nice to get to know our future granddaughter-in-law a bit more. The wedding is just a little over two months away. It looks like my sister, her husband, her daughter and her daughter's family are all going to be coming from AZ for the wedding. I've started to plan for that visit in my mind, also! Cheryl and Joe will stay with us and Rachel and family are talking about renting an Air B&B or somehting while they are here in the Murfreesboro area as they want to do the Nashville touristy things too and Melany lives in Murfreesboro. We will all get together sometime along the way here at our house. Woody wants to know if "anticipation is the greater joy!" So all kinds of things are running through my mind! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! Oh, and my itching is better...at the moment...and, it was very good to be back in Sunday School yesterday! My a lot has happened since I blogged on Saturday!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment