Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Dogwood Time in Middle TN

We managed to get up early enough to get all done before it was time to head off and we got to my appointment with minutes to spare. My appointment went as I expected. She does not want me to get my 2nd shot and said that we would see what will be offered 6 months down the road. Of course her pick, Johnson & Johnson, has as been set aside till further investigations can be made about it. She has prescribed prednisone...where I take two for 7 days, then one for 7 days and then what are left every other day till gone. I'm just hoping that the itching can disappear again...it came back with a vengeance a couple days ago. The itching has caused me to lose sleep that not even Benadryl could override! She also wants me to see a dermatologist so I made an appointment with Woody's dermatologist today. Earliest that I could see her is 2 weeks...really not bad for a new patient appointment. Woody's allergies are bothering him which equals nausea due to drainage...not good for someone with next to no appetite anyway! Pollen count is very high around here at the moment due to everything blooming and trees greening up, etc. Our trip over to McMinnville was so green in comparison to when Marie, Carolyn, and I made this same trip a couple of weeks ago for our combined barn/doctor trip. The dogwood trees are so pretty. The wooded areas were scattered with the white blooming dogwoods, tonight's first picture. The second picture is a close-up of a bloom on the dogwood tree in our front yard. After lunch, I stitched for a while...until I dozed off. I had a good nap which I needed due to interrupted sleep the last two nights due to itching. I am hoping that I will sleep better tonight! After I woke up I decided to do a little cooking...mainly for me...since Woody wasn't feeling the greatest I didn't even tell him what I was making. At one time it would have been a favorite of his, Chile Relleno Casserole, a recipe that my sister gave me years and years ago. We have enjoyed it many times over the years. It is sort of a combination of an omelet and a soufflé. It is made with eggs, cottage cheese, Ritz crackers, cheddar and jack cheeses, and chopped green chiles. It is baked and comes out very light and airy. I enjoyed it very much for my supper...it is a recipe that I consider "comfort food." I hadn't made it in ages as one of the things that disappeared from our grocery shelves during the pandemic was canned green chiles. I finally found them back on the shelf last month and grabbed up several cans while they were there (pandemic mentality?). And, today I used one of those "precious" cans!!! I didn't think to look yesterday to see if they still had them in stock...maybe I really don't have "pandemic mentality" after all!?! My big household chore of the day has been accomplished...emptying wastebaskets, taking out the recyclables out to the curb and pulling the garbage can down to the road. Today's task...marked off. Woody doesn't have to be connected to his dialysis early tonight so there isn't a rush to do that and the rising hour to get him disconnected won't be quite as early. The part came for our dryer so when I publish this, I'll attempt to get an appointment for the repairman to come back to finally get it fixed. I'm ready. It does work on one cycle...only problem...it won't shut off on its own...and I am terrible about getting busy doing something else and letting it run way too long. I guess you could say that I am from an automated world that expects for things to turn off on their own...especially the washer, dryer, and dishwasher. I'm hoping that my nap today will allow me to stay awake for a while this evening so I can do some serious stitching...deadline is approaching when I need to give it as a gift and gift ready it isn't! It is nearing completion, though. So I should be able to get it stitched and then finally finished before Saturday's bridal shower. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment