Saturday, April 24, 2021

Goal Met!

I decided that I wanted to finish this cross stitch piece today...that way it would be completed in the week that Earth Day fell...and I just met that goal by putting in the last stitch. This piece is adapted for cross stitch from a Charley Harper print. It's message is obviously one that has an Earth Day emphasis. This has been a fun stitch for me...new type of fabric, new stitch count paired up with an old graph from a 1986 Just CrossStitch Magazine. By stitching this I am sticking with what I told Woody..."I can stitch for a long, long time just stitching charts that I already own. I will only need to buy buy fabric and floss to keep me stitching for a long, long time!" On that note, I believe that I will make an internet order for some linen to stitch what I have put aside as the next two main projects that I plan to stitch." The "Space for All Species" I plan to make into a pillow...will have to find just the right fabric to actually finish it. I will look through my stash and see if I happen to have just the right fabric, but at the moment a piece doesn't come to mind. Today has been rainy we have both stayed in most of the day. I did venture out to empty waste baskets into the garbage, took out the compost bucket, and, in that trip checked the mail...that was when there had been a break in the rain for a while. Woody made his way upstairs for a while today. He also varied his lunch and had a small barbecue sandwich and a piece of banana cream pie. I made potato soup for me. I decided that this weekend might be the last time that hot soup wouod be welcome...good onna rainy spring day, but next week when it gets up into the 80s it might not be as welcoming a meal! I have done a little cleaning...very little! And, did a load of wash that got me caught up on our clothes. It's so nice to have a dryer that shuts off when the drying cycle is complete! It had been so long, that I almost forgot what a nice feature that was! Sometimes it is such simple things that bring pleasure! Ha! Ha! I will insert here...so I have a record of when it began again...that my itching started back up yesterday. Let's just say that I am not the happiest of campers! Need to keep busy to "try" to forget about it at least temporarily! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment