Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Just One of Those Days

I don't think that either of us have been much good for anything today! I have done a lot of nothing...that is after I got Woody's pancakes cooked and him disconnected from his dialysis cycler. We both felt like napping and may have dozed off in our chairs at several different times today. I wanted to do a little cooking, but I think that yesterday's efforts negated efforts in the same direction today. This afternoon I have sat in my recliner and done some stitching. Woody came upstairs and did his crossword puzzles and checked out things online. I did get the garbage taken out to the curb along with the recycle items. It was a beautiful day. But, another cold snap is in the forecast. Again, wonder which winter this will be! Oh, I did get a little dirt under my fingernails when I did a little cleaning out of the herb beds. So I guess I have done severeal things today! This afternoon I got a message from Kathy telling me that a dear friend's funeral was being livestreamed from our church so I did "attend" that...a bittersweet hour. My itching continues to mostly be under control...though, as I type that my leg has started to itch...power of suggestion?!? I am mainly jittery at the moment due to the prednisone. I started tapering off them today...but still have close to two weeks to go with the tapering off. The rash, etc. is clearing up...again...now the question is will it stay away when I stop taking the steroids. Woody has his next Keytruda infusion in the morning. Today we heard from his nutritionist at Fresenius Kidney Center. She was concerned because his protein level had gone down...which I have been expecting to hear. But you can lead a horse to water/food but you can't make him drink/eat! She suggested two protein shakes a day...since that is one of the only things that tastes good to him, he probably won't complain! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment