Thursday, April 15, 2021

Fixed and Wrecked

The dryer is finally fixed after about 1-1/2 months dealing with Sears repair and probably more than a year after Nathan and Graham's several attempts. So good to have a dryer that advances through the entirety of each cycle and shuts off on its own at the end. And, I will say that Sears did hold up their end of the bargain of seeing it through till it worked right and there was no charge this time...not even for the part...of course we should have been able to buy many parts with the initial amount paid! After I had hit the publish button last night, I realized that Inforgot to update on how I was doing. I guess I got too carried away about going shopping at Hobby Lobby! I am doing much better. The rash and itching started getting better after taking the first pills. I did feel a little itchy one time today, but that feeling went away fairly quickly. The rash is getting less and less each day as has the swelling in my legs and feet (about back to normal). I got the call from my doctor's office that labs showed that things that she normally looks for are all stable and for me to continue on with the meds that she has prescribed. She did run some different tests than usual and that one showed high allergic reaction...you think?!? Anyway she said that I should continue on with the steroid prescription. At least nothing too abnormal showed up...I was concerned that lots of things would show up all haywire! Today I can tell that I am taking steroids...they make me feel shaky inside...nothing visible...it's a feeling that I associate with being hungry! So I guess you could say that I have felt hungry all day...though I know in my mind that I am not...still want to nibble! Woody just got back from the ball field watching Elijah play. He reported a good game. Elijah's team won...I think...4-1. Elijah played first base flawlessly according to Goosey (Woody). Now to explain the wrecked part of tonight's blog post. The wrecking crew showed up next door in full force this morning ready to do a job in their old house that the new owners-to-be required of them: pull up all the carpet and take up the tile in the entry way and the kitchen. What a job! Glad we're not the ones selling to such a demand! That sale would have never have happened, as we couldnt have done the follow through! But they turned to from smallest to tallest and got a lot done. Tomorrow they tackle the kitchen and perhaps still have the carpet on the stairs to finish pulling up and then the final clean up. I'll bet they all sleep well tonight! Well, I guess it is dialysis set up time so I had better head downstairs. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment