Thursday, April 1, 2021

"Better Than Christmas!"

Tonight's title is a quote from Isaac about it being April Fool's Day! I guess they have had quite the time in their household today...marbles in beds, vaseline on doorknobs, cookies with tootjpaste filling...and the list goes on and on and,,.they know that the day doesn't end unti midnight! Nathan and Kathy and five of the children came over here today to work in the yards of our house and their old house. They won't have to do the yard next door much longer as they have a contract on the house next door. I was warned by Kathy before they arrived that Isaac was out to get everyone! So I put a sign on the outside of the front door: "Sorry we missed you! Grammy and Goosey have gone on vacation to Hawaii!" I don't think they bought it as they came in anyway! Isaac presented me with one of h is infamous cookies. I said..."I don't know...I'm really not hungry. Perhaps I'll eat it when I have tea later." Then I smelled it and said that it really smelled different...mint is not a flavor I associate with that kind of cookie...then he came clean and told me that here was the real cookie! I wasn't sure I could trust him even then. While Nathan got the mower going, the kids told me about all their fun trick playing of the day! Tonigh't photo may be a trick that some played on April Fool's Day at some time as there is not a railroad crossing even near this sign. Both Woody and I have been in communication with doctors today. Woody's dermatologist called with the pathology report about what she had removed the last time he was at her office. It was a melanoma...came from the one that she had removed and that Dr. Kelley had reexcised. Since Woody is on Keytruda, there is nothing else to do about it. I finally decided that it was time to get back in touch with my personal care physician about my "rash" as it has come back and, if possible, itchier than before. She called this evening (she is on vacation and wasn't in the offic today) and decided on trying a couple of new over-the-counter meds that I am not currently taking so I will take a trip to WalMart tomorrow to see about getting them. I did a couple of loads of wash and got them put away and that's about all I did today. I have mostlly just rested since I didn't sleep much last night due to the itching. I have done a little stitching while itching...a poet??? Neither of us have done a lot today. It was not a day to be outside...temperatures dropped a lot. I did go out and try to point out what was a weed and what wasn't when Nathan and Kathy and children attempted to do a little weeding for us. The chilly wind blew me back inside fairly quickly. We are supposed to have a hard freeze tonight...temperatures in the upper 20's...wondering what winter this is...redbuds are blooming...so maybe redbud winter? All I know is that we got spoiled with the warmer temperatures last week. This is our time of the year to go back and forth between above normal temps, normal temps, and below temps. Guess after all these years of living in Tennessee I should be used to how Spring comes in. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! Hope no one fooled you too badly today! My grandkids certainly had a good time with the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment