Friday, April 16, 2021

Friday Visits

My friend of old, who now lives in Alabama is in town for the weekend and I asked her to stop by and visit for a while if she had time. And, she did just that. Connie and I had such a nice visit. We talk often on the phone, but it was nice to actually sit in the same room together for a change! It was just like old times...just like she stopped by like she used to do when she lived here...but it had been more like three or maybe even more years since we saw each other. Good visit! I have also visited with another long time friend on the phone today. She still lives in Tullahoms, but since Covid, we all may as well live many miles apart. While I was talking to her, my sister called so I called her back and we had a good visit. Since those phone conversations, I learned some sad news that a long time church member/friend passed away this afternoon. I had a few more conversations via text and ipad messaging. Woody has stayed in and kept warm...another cold spell is upon us...a good day to stay in! He worked on the computer, did crossword puzzles and has watched some TV...typical day! The wrecking crew next door has come through several times today. They are nearing completion of this daunting task. When I wasnt visiting, I have worked on the finishing of the stitched gift that I will be giving tomorrow at a bridal shower...guess I'd best get back to it! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment