Thursday, September 8, 2022

Another Upside-Down Day

Tonight's photo was taken at the end of the exit we take in Murfreesboro. It always intrigues me that the barn/farm is still there in the midst of the hustle and bustle of Murfreesboro, one of the fastest growing cities in Tennessee. We didn't have to get going too fast this morning since we weren't going to do Woody's dialysis till this evening. we were hoping that the box that connects the iPad to the machine would get here in time. It finally got here, but not till nurse had gone home and we were getting set up. So hopefully we will have it back up with technology all connected tomorrow. Last night's dialysis went well. The new machine kept very quiet and behaved...no alarms. And lab draws went well as far as I know. The labs got picked up by FedEx Express this afternoon. Late morning I went to choose new glasses frames. I did pick a pair out. I don't have all the choices that lots have as my frames have to be titanium. Something in my system messes with whatever other types are coated with and they start peeling not long after I get them...so I stick with titanium and they seem to hold up. Now to wait for them to come in! Woody's appointment went well...very quick...in and out. The surgeon...listened with a little ultra sound type machine. I guess he liked what he heard. he pronounced that we can start using the graft for dialysis. Not exactly what I was hoping to hear...not looking forward to changing over to this method of access. But our nurse said that it will be a month or more till she can train us how to do it. That is not a problem for me! I'm glad that the doctor was pleased with Woody's healing. Our nurse had asked us to have the surgeon map the direction of the blood flow in his access. So now Woody has red arrows that shows the way the blood flows through his graft. According to the nurse we have to know this to know which way to put the needles in. You should see the size of the needles that I will be poking through Woody's skin and into the graft...2 plkes each treatment. When we get the needles, I will try to remember to take a pucture of them. I will have a numbing cream to put on Woody's arm so hopefully it won't hurt! We're about halfway through tonight's treatment. And, so far so good. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment