Monday, September 19, 2022

"The Only Good Bug is a Dead Bug!"

I was told that this morning as an extrrminator killed a spider as he came in our front door. Of course, he did say that it could be left to add to my Fall decor...no thank you! Now I know that there are good bugs, but even good ones aren't welcome inside the house! I think that some had taken up residence as the weather cooled down and are not welcome so I called a very friendly exterminator...he was quite the talker! This gentleman came to our house at the time of our kitchen remodel to make sure that some of the damage that we discovered in the floor in the dining room was just water damage and not bug damage. At the time, he didn't charge us anything. He said that he figured that we would call him when we needed someone. So his kindness three years ago, paid off today when he came to do some spraying. Woody's treatment went smoothly today and I was even able to give him his iron without too much trouble. It is very hard to draw the iron into the syringe...it's a tiny vial of medicine and it doesn't like to come out of the bottle...or at least I haven't learned the trick to coax it out! I told our nurse that I only splattered a little of it on the direction sheet. She laminated the directions knowing of the probability splatters! I have five of these vials to give him this week and next. Three this week and two next...and they have to be at least 48 hours apart. So I guess today, Thursday and Saturday this seek and I'll figure out next week when we get to next week! Because the extrrminator was coming this morning, we started Woody's treatment aftrr he left. So today's treatment went farthrr into the afternoon than we are used to. We both went to prayer meeting tonight. Woody is having pain in his hand on the arm that his graft is on. It bothered him enough in the night that he asked me to get him some Tyelenol between 3 and 4 am and then it got to bothering him again during his treatment. His hand is also very cold. He is not sure if the two: have anything to do with each other...whether being cold is causing the pain. I did find one of his fleece neck warmers and wrapped his hand in it. It doesn't seem to be bother him too much at the moment. I'll check with him before we go to sleep. I think that this is common with arms that have grafts in them. The nurse suggested a warm compress...should help with both the cold and the pain! She also said that we would talk with Dr. O about it when we see him on Thursday. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment