Monday, September 5, 2022

Labor Day 2022

Not a lot of laboring has gone on here today...except for dialysis duties! Woody sat through dialysis patirntly and I did the set up, connecting and taking off. I also attempted to get "things" ready for tomorrow for Woody's lab draws...something that I am still not all that confident about doing...especially the one lab draw that I have to do at the end of his treatment. There is an order to the drawing of which test tubes...so I decided to get the test tubes out and get them lined up correctly. They are all color coded and the 2nd one is supposed to be royal blue...well, I don't have any royal blue test tube tops. I texted our nurse and she told me that another one that we have is a substitute for the royal blue one. the substitute is supposed to have a clear or white top. The one that I have doesn't look clear or white to me. But I took a picture and sent it to the nurse and she said it was the one I am to use. Glad I got through that confusion before in the morning! I have the new dialysate batch making. So I guess we will be ready to get underway in the morning. I have read the post treatment lab draw instructions several times...haven't done the post lab draw as many times as I have thr pre...pre makes more sense and the treatment hasn't gotten underway when I do those. The post draw is done at the end of treatment, but before the final rinse back so I have to insert a different step in prior to doing the final steps so it is a little confusing. We'll see if it gets done properly. Once the labs are drawn...then one tube needs to sit for 30 minutes to an hour before it is spun in the centrifuge and three need to go in the refrigerator soon after being drawn and not spun and the last one needs to be spun but doesn't have to wait the 30 minutes! Insert eyeroll here! The tubes have to be labeled with the proper labels and put in a special plastic holder to be sent off. I have to pack them with an ice pack...get them packaged in a box and box taped...apply label...and, at that point call FedEx to arrange for an express pickup! Tomorrow is going to be such a fun day...not! Woody has done his puzzles, looked at a few things on his computer, rested, and watched TV. These days he isn't doing much reading. I have managed to do some reading in some of my down time today. I'm about to finish another book. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment