Saturday, September 24, 2022

First Fall Saturday

It has been pretty much just a regular dialysis day. All went well for the dialysis and even me giving him his iron infusion went fine, too. The dialysis process takes up the whole morning...I come downstairs and make Woody's breakfast. While he eats, I get going on the set up. It takes more than an hour for the setup and then three hours for dialysis and then a little longer to get him disconnected. Today I out his lunch in front of him around 1pm. I still have a little more to do i tearing down and cleaning up. Today I needed to go to the pharmacy to pick up one of Woody's prescriptions. They close early on Saturday, but I managed to get there and get it and then look around at the gift items that they have. Today during dialysis, I attempted to do some cross stitching and was able to do it with just my new glasses and no extra mafnification. I enjoyed doing that for part of the time. I managed to stitch a snowman's hat and a couple of holly leaves and three berries. Later this afternoon, I started stitching on the snowman's head...he got a forehead, spaces for eyes and a carrot nose before I dozed off! After my nap, I came down and made a meatloaf so Woody can once again have meatloaf sandwiches. Woody has done his four crossword puzzles and watched several football games on TV. We also watched a movie that started right at the end of his dialysis time. We both enjoyed it...a football movie..."Rudy." It's based on a true story. I have done a little reading, too. I don't think that Woody picked up his book today. He has checked out articles on the internet about last night's Cardinal baseball game and special home runs hit during the game. I guess we have both had a pretty full day! Nathan just stopped by with Isaac to pick up that last load of clothes. I'm laughing...they forgot to bring a laundry basket...so mine traveled home with them. I left it with Isaac to remind his dad to bring it back to me! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment