Friday, September 23, 2022

Yard Crew Came!

Because Woody was in the midst of dialysis, I wasn't able to snap many pictures and missed the third in the crew. Joseph was out ofnthe picture picking up sticks. It's looking serious for Isaac and Nathan. Isaac had started the mower but stopped it and this particular mower doesn't like to restart after being stopped! They did finally get it started again and because of the mower's idiosyncrasies Nathan ended up doing most of the mowing. At one point when he was going through a lot of dust, I handed off a mask to Nathan as he drove by! Of the three on the work crew, Nathan and Joseph sampled my oatmeal cake. Isaac opted for peanut butter crackers. He doesn't care for coconut or pecans. He seemed happy to make his own snack. I gave the boys a little lesson about how kidneys work and how Woody's machine does the work of his kidneys. The dialysis treatment went well today. It was a day off from giving iron...tomorrow that gets added back in. Our nurse called today and talked me through what to do if an alarm goes off during the time that I'm administering the iron. I will be glad when we don't have to give iron so often! Three times this week and two next week and the hopefully we will be done with iron for a while. I had to make another dialysate batch today and there was an alarm before it got started. But I jostled lines and moved a couple of things and pushed "go" again and it kept quiet and is almost finished making it. So I guess problem solved. Nathan just arrived with what to him is a small load of clothes...at least threr loads for us! Their drier isn't working. So he is trying out his daddy's recliner. This may be a lot like watching paint dry! I am working along on my next Christmas ornament. This one is going a lot faster than the last one! My new glasses are working well for stitching, too. Well, guess I will donsome visiting with Nathan while we watch 20/20. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment