Thursday, September 22, 2022

I Can See Clearer Now!

Just before time to leave the house for Woody's appointment, I got word that my glasses were ready. The glasses place is about a block from Woody's appointment so we made a quick stop on the way home from his appointment. His appointment went fine. We were told that he is being dialized very well...better than others they were seeing this morning. So I guess we are doing something right! I fixed Woody's lunch after we got home and then I started getting his dialysis treatment set up. He got off just before supper. So literally most of his day was taken up with dialysis...either at the dialysis clinic or connected to his treatment. Nathan and Kathy stopped by while I was setting things up. Nathan was checking on the length of the grass. He and his work crew may be back tomorrow. I understand that Isaac wants to mow it with their new small riding mower...they aren't sure that he has all of his driving maneuvers worked out to be able to work in the smaller confines of our yard...he's used to the wider open spaces of theirs. I baked a cake during Woody's dialysis today...trying out a new pan that I had ordered. I have been slowly replacing some of our 50+ years old cooking items. I made an old-fashioned oatmeal cake with a broiled icing. I had been wanting one for a while. It's not Woody's favorite. Now at one time, that would have made no difference and he would eat it anyway. Today he ate one very small...1-inch sauare...piece of it. I was thinking that I could share it with the work crew tomorrow and then realized that some don't like coconut...oh, well, I can still offer it! I am going to go finish cleaning up the kitchen from my baking foray and then going to test out my glasses while stitching for a while. So far I am very pleased with them. Speaking of stitching, I did get the project I was working on last night finished before I went to bed. So today it is on to another Christmas ornament. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment