Saturday, September 17, 2022

Last Summer Saturday

Today's dialysis went smoothly...so guess that I hadn't stopped the machine correctly the two days prior to today. My consolidated instructions for ending the dialysis worked well. So I will go by those two pages instead of flipping multiple pages. Tomorrow is a day off, but I will have to make a dialysate batch. I could make it tonight...but think I will wait till tomorrow. I don't like having dialysis duties when it is a day off from dialysis...but batch making doesn't take too long as long as I don't mess up and push buttons at the wrong time! I'll be careful. During dialysis today I gathered all the ingredients for potato soup and then made it after lunch. We both had some for supper. It's one of my favorite soups, but not Woody's. He did say it tasted good...he doesn't say that often these days! I would think that a change would taste good to him. But these days he seems to prefer the same ol', same 'ol! I just came in from watering. Plants are beginning to be passé, but I want to keep watering the perennials so they will hopefully show up again next year! After I finished making the soup, I took a break and called a long-time friend/former boss for 27 years/Melany and Nathan's Montessori preschool teacher...and the list goes on. It was very nice to catch up with Pat. It was her birthday yesterday so it was a "better-late-than-never call!" After we visited for a while, it was time to finish cleaning up the kitchen from my cooking mess. That is done except for turning on the dishwasher. Woody did his four crossword puzzles, watched some football and some other TV today. I'm not sure if he has read any today, but yesterday he finished the first book of the ones I got him the other day. And, he has started another. It's good to see him reading again. The evening is closing in on us once again. The days are passing by so quickly. It sounds like our fall-like weather is going to let summer come back for these last few days of summer. We're supposed to get back into the 90s. It was a bit warmer today, but the humidity was still low. It was very pleasant watering this evening. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment