Friday, September 9, 2022

Fall is Just Around the Corner

Well, today has been interesting. I decided that since I had the morning open that I would work on the front porch...lots of spider webs had accumulated and I decided that it was time to declare Fall from our porch. I got into my Fall decorations and pulled out what I wanted for the front porch. Now if I feel like sitting on the front porch I won't have to share a chair with a spider and its web! Of course, said spider may spin its home back by tomorrow on same chair! Las night's dialysis went well. Today I got up and made the dialysate batch which takes six hours. After lunch our nurse stopped by and got the tecnology reattached to our machine so it can communicate via iPad. That was a pretty quick fix. The batch still wasn't finished when she left so I planned to get Woody's treatment going once it finished. I took a break, as in a nap, while I waited. I slept a little longer than I planned to, but finally woke up enough to get underway. All went well, till I was checking for chlorine in the dialysate batch and somehow pushed a wrong button, or perhaps the right button, but at the wrong time. And, ended up not being able to use the batch...it is in its two or three hour drain time. Insert BIG eye roll. I talked to our nurse and she said to just skip his treatment tonight...there is a way to do the treatment without the dialysate batch...but it is a pain to do...involves five hanging bags. Since Woody is doing well and we had just done his treatment last night, she said that it we ok to skip tonight. I will remake a batch once this one drains and then do his treatment in the morning. That will put us back into our usual routine that we broke with this week due to the machine failing. What a week! I hope that tomorrow will go well with new machine, newly connected machine and iPad, me pushing right buttons in right order...or whatever and get over all the things that have seemed to go wrong this week. Woody has had good dialysis the times that he has had it and has absolutely no swelling, as a matter of fact we haven't had to pull off any extra fluid at any of his treatments lately...a good thing. So this one missed treatment isn't putting him at risk...and we will be doing it in just hours anyway. I called the tech person and he told me I just had to drain the batch that there was no way to test the chloramines at that point. But when I let our nurse know she said she wished that I had called her as she did have a work around...oh, well...I just hated to bother her...she has had a rough week with all her patients and needs her weekend without interruptions that aren't absolutely necessary when there is another place to get an answer! I guess it is a case of live and learn. I know the work around now. I'll try to remember it, but also hope that I don't get into this situation again! Tomorrow I will work through that part of set up v e r y s l o w l y and read directions very carefully! Woody has had a good day as far as I know...no complaints anyway. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment