Wednesday, September 14, 2022

How is This Encouraging?

When I made our dialysis supply order yesterday, I signed up to receive notifications by email. That means that next month when it is time to order supplies they will notify me by email and I can make our order through a link that they will provide. I guess in signing up for that, it means that I will get other notifications from them also. Fresenius is still the parent company, but NxStage is the hemodialysis part of the company. I got our first email this morning welcoming us with an "encouraging" tip for the week. Here is the tip: "Remember – this is a journey. Know that it is totally normal to feel overwhelmed; allow 6-8 months to get comfortable with your new routine." Somehow that statement is not encouraging to me!!! Sounds like forever/perhaps never to me...at this point! We started July 13th so we have been doing hemodialysis for two months. Today being a day off with no appointments or anything that had to be done made the day seem like our old normal...until I would realize that it is only today and we will be back in the dialysis routine for the next three days before another day off. But I do appreciate the days off! I have taken advantage of the day off and have worked around the house. I even managed to not take a nap today. Woody has also done a little of this and a little of that. He worked a bit on his coin collection with this year's proof sets. He has plans to work more on those at his desk another day. He also read some today. I'm glad that I made that trip to the library yesterday. I did take a few breaks today and read some on my latest book. It is a book that I haven't decided if I really like, but am now committed to reading it as I want to learn more about the story...guess the book has sucked me in! We are watching the finale of Master Chef at the moment...though I think that Woody has dozed as he didn"t answer when I asked him a question! Guess our day is winding down. I have a couple of tasks planned in the kitchen tomorrow during Woody's dialysis and am also planning to do a little more inside Fall decorating in the dining room. I think that the dining room is close enough to Woody's dialysis...if not, I will do it after. I also have plans to do grocery shopping tomorrow...that will definitely be after dialysis, but I can get the list together during dialysis. Always trying to think of tasks that can be done during those three hours that keep me close at hand in case of alarms! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment