Wednesday, September 21, 2022

So Close!

I was so hoping that I couod report a cross stitch finish, but not quite finished! All that is left is some backstitch and some straight stitches...only two colors left to use. It's a really tunynstitch...but lots of stitches packed into the 2-1/4" x 2-1/2"! Every "square" in the fabric is stitched. It's what folk, these days,are calling a full-coverage piece. Lots of teeny tiny little Xs. I was doing this piece when Woody started on hemodialysis and for a while I just didn't stitch. But this last week or so I have started picking it up again in the evenings. Today, since it was a day off, I even stitched some during the day. I have also worked on getting things back in my lower kitchen cabinets. I have the one cabinet that is pretty much packed like a puzzle to still do...another day! I did take pictures of how it was packed so maybe I will be able tonget everything back in! Woody has done his usual crossword puzzles...four these days and has done Wordle and perhaps another one or two word puzzles. I'm not sure if he has done much reading since he finished the first book. He thinks that he has figured out how to keep his left hand from hurting so much. I did take advantage of a day off and after lunch, I headed out tonrunna couple of errands. I went to Hobby Lobby and then to Lowe's. I wanted to see Fall items at Hobby Lobby. Of course, along with Fall, they had out Christmas, too. I wasn't going to look at Christmas, but in the end did take a quick walk through the Christmad aisles. I came away with very little...just four things that I plan to use as part of my cross stitch finishes. My goal at Lowe's was to find some pretty yellow mums, which I did...or at least, hope they will be pretty. I chose two that weren't in full bloom hoping that they will be in bloom longer. They are residing on my front porch steps. I watered them well along with the hanging baskets on the front porch. Today has been a really hot day...appropriate for the last full day of summer. I heard om TV that this will be out last day in thr 90s till next summer...hoping so. I'm ready for the crisp feel that Fall days have. Tomorrow Woody has his appointment at the Fresenius Kidney Clinic here in Tullahoma. He will see his kidney team along with Dr. O. I did make the dialysate batch today and it is already finished and readyfor tomorrow's treatment. We will wait to do his dialysis till after his appointment. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!Oh, and, you can see just a tiny bit of my stitching as it is a gift and the recipient reads the blog...so want the stitch to be a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment