Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Upside-Down Day—Quick Check-in

I'm not even going to look for a photo tonight...hopefully routine will be back tomorrow night! Woody's new dialysis machine came this afternoon and our nurse got it set up and left around 5:30. I got Woody's supper and then got underway with setting up. I pushed the kidney button (starts the dialysis) at 7:15pm. In that set-up time I managed to draw 4 of the test tubes fo his pre-dialysis labs. That went fairly smoothly. The one tube is spinning in the centrifuge as I type. The one glitch with the new machine is that we went the part that connects the iPad with the machine...oops! Remember...our nurse is new at this too. She felt really badly about letting that part get away. we just have to keep up with everything without the ipad beeping at us. I have a lot of little tiny writing to do to fill in a chart! And, lots of clock watching! I got my eyes checked today...eventually I will find the time to pick out frames! And, now...it's about time for the next blood pressure check and other statistics to record. Tomorrow Woody goes to see his surgeon in Murfreesboro. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment