Wednesday, March 3, 2021

A Plan is in Place

Woody went to his appointment at TN Oncology on his own. So...we are dependant on him telling me anything that I write! May be good or may not be much information. I'm thinking that it we will know less these days! He has always gone to his appointments at TN Oncology by himself since he mainly went there when he was getting his anemia shots and a couple of other things...all of which are now taken care of at Fresenius Kidney Care Center. He came home and said that it was just as well that I hadn't gone. That it was a two hour wait to see the doctor for five minutes! In that five minutes he found out that the doctor had gone over his records and wants Woody to start Keytruda, immunotherapy, this coming week. He will get an infusion every three weeks and the doctor wants him to get these infusions for a year. Keytruda is the immunotherapy that put him in remission before. I looked back in the blog posts and found that he had his first Keytruda infusion on November 6, 2014 and was declared in remission on January 26, 2016. So he was in remission for around 5 years. Let's pray that he has the same results this time around! It was in my memory that Keytruda infusions don't take very long and I was right (again, thanks to the blog for giving the information I needed). An infusion takes about 30 minutes and then there is a short time after when the lines are flushed with saline solution...so he gets all the good stuff! I told him today that he must be an insurance company's nightmare! He said, "Yes, and I'll bet that my insurance company wishes that they had never signed me up!". The thing that I will add about insurance: thank goodness for it! Today was Wednesday...I am sure because Donna and I had a nice "library talk." It may be time to start getting it ready for more things happening at the church which will have them walking by the library and might wander in, as we got an email today that siad that the plans are to go back to having Sunday School in the building for children, youth, and adults starting April 11th. The response that I have heard is positive...I'm still withholding my opinion till we see what happens over these next weeks. I am glad that by that time we will be more than two weeks beyond our second vaccine. Marie, our barn trip driver and our Sunday School teacher, stopped by and we visited in her car for a while. She brought my Sunday School books so I can "teach" this week. The way we have "taught" for the last year is that either she or I write a summary and some thoughts on the weeks lesson and send them to the Sunday School Class members. In between visits and phone calls and getting Woody set up for his treatment late due to his appointment, I managed to get a pan of lasagna made. I enjoyed it for supper...Woody opted out for a high protein strawberry shake! No comment! I still have a little to clean up in the kitchen and then I am heading straight to my recliner. It has been missing me today and I it! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! Oh, tonight's photo is of my hydroponic herb garden. I used two kinds of basil and some thyme from it in the lasagna. I planted this in early January.

No comments:

Post a Comment