Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Quite “The DAY”

An interesting day to say the least! Started with a phone call a little before 7am to say that Woody's delivery of dialysis supplies would be here shortly...a little after 7 the BIG truck pulled up in front of our house. The delivery was done very quickly. It was a different driver than we had had for the last six months. I was pretty sure that it wasn't the same driver since he didn't show up late afternoon the day before our scheduled delivery. i told him how the other driver worked us in at the end of his day so he would know that was okay to do if he runs our route again. Today was high protein pancake making day so I finished making those after the delivery. So Woody got his breakfast. Today was Wednesday and Donna and I planned last week to work in the library for a little while this morning, which we did. The library has been used throughout the pandemic. We shelved a lot of books and straightened the library up. This is only the second time that we have worked in the library in a year. Just seems so strange! The only problem we came across was that the printer didn't print...that should be solved with new ink cartridge. Woody was out working in the garden when I left for the library. When I got home he wasn't here because he was getting his first Keytruda treatment. He said that things went fairly efficiently. His appointment was at 10:45 and he was home by 12:45. I got his dialysis treatment all set up before he got home so all I had to do was connect him to the machine when he got home. So he started right at 1pm. He is thinking about starting doing his treatments at night so he can do more during the day. I think that is a good idea...now that the weather is nice it will be nice not to be connected to a machine all day. He wants to be able to go to some of the kids' ball games, etc. So we will give starting at night a try again and see if he is able to sleep. I got a text from Nathan asking if the birthday girl was at home. I answered in the afiirmative and all nine of them showed up a little while later. They were ladened down with many pretty flowers. And, they provided the man and child power to get then all planted. Very nice birthday present! I have had phone calls, cards, messages, texts, Facebook messages galore. My birthday has definitely been well acknowledged! It has been a very nice day...except...that I'm not feeling all that great. My arms are really bothering me. I guess that bathing my arms with baking soda dissolved in water was not the best idea...though I had never heard anything negative about it prior to the other day AFTER the fact. I found out that some are very sensitive to baking soda on the skin...well...I guess that would be me! The places on my arms from the reaction to the Covid vaccine are now very red and rough and scaly...sort of like a burn...though no blisters. And, the red places really aren't sore. But I decided that I probably needed to have my doctor look at my arms before I have the 2nd covid shot on Friday. Marie, Carolyn and I have a barn trip planned for tomorrow and I didn't want to throw a wrench into our plans...I would really rather go with them than go to the doctor! Well, in the end we are going to make the doctor's office a stop on our barn trip! There are lots of barns along the way to my doctor and it will be a different direction than we have been before. My appointment is after lunch so we will spend the morning on the highways and byways of Middle Tennessee and then make a little nonpicturesque stop at the doctor. I guess you could say that it is a bit of a different trip for us...but at least we will still get to go and taking pictures all morning will keep my mind off my arms and the doctor! Hopefully lots of new barn pictures to post over the next weeks. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment