Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Seems Like Saturday!

I am confusing myself by trying to change my grocery shopping day to a weekday rather than Saturday. I have shopped on a couple of Tuesdays now...but some times it hasn't worked due to an appointment or something else that has gotten in the way. But today I made it out the door on Tuesday...but because I shopped on Saturday for so long it has made it seem like Saturday all day to me. I guess I am trying to extend my weekend! Woody also got out. After I got home from getting groceries, he headed out to get gas for the car. He also put it in the garage as we are supposed to have more rough weather tomorrow...at least a lot of rain. After I got the groceries put away and rested for a few minutes, I headed outside to plant two herbs that I bought at the grocery store. In the produce section they have herb plants sometimes. I decided that if they had rosemary today that I would get some. Last year I got my rosemary at Kroger and it made a great plant in one of my patio planter pots. Today I also found thyme besides rosemary and decided to get it too. I have thyme growing in the hydroponic garden in the kitchen and could plant that outside (and, I may still), but decided that I wanted a little more established plant. I got both of these planted...the thyme in the raised planter that Nathan and Graham made me several years back and the rosemary in the pot that I had rosemary growing in last year. I got them out so they could benefit from the rain that is coming. A lot of our herbs survived the winter and already look good...the parsley, oregano, and a scroungy looking thyme plant, and the marjoram. So my herb garden already is doing well and I can already harvest from it if I need some. I'm waiting to see if the basil that was out there last year sends up some shoots...if not I will probably plant the ones that I have growing in the kitchen hydroponic herb garden. I have already used that several times in recipes. I continue to itch...so ready for this to be over! I had to put my feet up after walking all over Kroger and then putting away the groceries...my feet were not happy in shoes! Once I got the groceries put away, I headed upstairs to my recliner and stitched a little. I have put aside what I had been stitching on to stitch a gift so got underway with that this afternoon. Woody had his high protein shake for supper and I have gotten most of the dishes into the dishwasher...still have a couple soaking. Will put those in the dishwasher when I go back downstairs later and be done in the kitchen for today. I have been wanting to make Bragg's Barbecue, but was waiting for the Boston Butt Pork roasts to go on sale. I was so happy when I saw the sign posted that it was 99 cents a pound...but then was very disappointed to find out that they were all gone...I did ask. I went on and did some more shopping and then decided to stroll back through the meat department since I hadn't really found anything to buy this shopping trip that appealed either to my taste or in price! When I walked back through I found that they had put out the pork loin roasts that I like to get and they were 99 cents...so I was happy to walk away with a nice almost 4lb roast for under $4. The jar of honey I put in the cart today cost more than that roast! So, even thought I didn't get the cut of meat to make the barbecue, I got another and this takes a lot less effort to prepare and cook and Woody does like it as he can get just a thin slice of it for his meal...about what his appetite desires these days. But I am still going to be on alert for another sale of the Boston Butt roasts...still want to make my pulled pork recipe...even if it is labor intensive! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment