Monday, March 22, 2021

LOTS of Water Under the Bridge!!!!!

52 years ago...how can it be?!? Sometimes seems like yesterday...others it seems like a lifetime (guess it really has been...or close to it!). And, what did I do today? I waited on the Sears repairman...supposed to be here between 8am and 5pm...well, it was 6:45pm before he showed up. This is a return appointment to fix something that didn't get fixed on the dryer when he was here a couple of weeks ago. He figured out what the problem is (I hope) and he is having the part shipped here and he will return in a little over a week to put the part in. And, till then the dryer is working on one of its cycles...just won't turn off. He said to use that cycle till it is fixed. Sounds like a plan! Woody spent time upstairs this morning doing crossword puzzles and checking out Cardinal baseball news. He is having to do one of his puzzles on the computer as it is no longer allowing him to print it off. I made Woody his high protein pancakes for breakfast...and for several breakfasts to come. I decided that chicken noodle soup sounded good so made a small pot for me...Woody not interested in eating it. Yesterday I decided that I was going to try sourdough French bread...no yeast...just very active sour dough starter. Very good! I put one loaf in the freezer and am am enjoying the other one...tonight's supper for me was a grilled cheese on that bread. Woody's supper was a high protein blueberry shake. I sat on the front porch checking out settings on my new camera. I haven't looked at what I got today. Over the weekend Woody took me on two road trips in the area so I could try out the camera...his anniversary present to compliment my birthday present! Lots of new settings on this camera...but, many of the same settings just accessed differently...sort of an Easter egg hunt to find where they are hidden! It's fun to learn some new things. This one has 4K video...I'm not into video...but this feature has a benefit to still photography...as I can choose the frame that I want to keep...say of a bird finally looking over at me rather than when he had his back to me. I can choose the frame I want for a still shot and discard the rest...still figuring that feature out! I will later upload them to the iPad and see how that works on it...or if I have to make the decisions on the camera. Just a bit of what I am learning/figuring out. While I waited for the repairman this afternoon, I decided to work on my sampler index. I got quite a few more added to the growing index. Woody has spent time in front of the TV in his recliner (his usual spot) watching March Madness basketball games...good to while away the time...something different. He spent a little time outside this afternoon...I heard the leaf blower going...blew off leaves from the front porch. He continues to try to do his dialysis overnight. I still don't think that he is sleeping all that well, but hopefully he can adapt to it so he can be freer during the day. Afterall...baseball/softball games begin soon...Elijah is playing baseball and Joy and Esther are playing softball. Joy and Esther are on the same team...that is helpful...so we don't have three different games to go to...two will keep us busy enough! Nathan, Kathy, and Esther stopped by today and visited for a while. I have developed another problem probably due to the Covid vaccine...my immune system is not happy at all that I got the vaccine. Now I have what is called "Covid Toes." Both my feet are itching terribly and over the weekend I started to get blisters on all the toes on my right foot and the beginnings of blisters on the left foot. Supposedly Covid Toe is something that folk who have had Covid might get. I am 99.99% sure that I have not had Covid...what I think is that my immune system "thinks" that it has had Covid due to the vaccine and that it is letting me have all these weird things happen. My arms are ever so much better...they once again feel like they are made of skin and not scales. They still itch some...but arms, at least, seem to be heading in the right direction...now my feet...all I can say is grrrrrrrrrr! So ready for all this to be over...and it gets harder and harder to even think about getting the second Moderna or the Johnsob & Johnson. We will see what my doctor says the second week in April! On that note...Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment