Saturday, March 13, 2021

Saturday Malaise?

At least I would describe Woody today with the word "malaise." i didnt ask him if that was te correct term for how he has felt all day. Malaise is described as any of the following: a feeling of overall weakness a feeling of discomfort a feeling like you have an illness simply not feeling well He has simply sat in his recliner and only gotten up if absolutely necessary. He didn't have the energy to take his blood pressure this morning after his dialysis. He told me to write down "NA." I did write that on his chart, but also noted that he had had the 2nd Covid vaccine yesterday. He did have a low-grade fever this morning. He took Tylenol for it. He hasnt felt like eating much. The first thing that he seemed to enjoy today was his strawberry shake at supper. It seems like I have cooked all day. i made his yesterday request of slaw and baked beans. Those are tucked in the refrigerator hoping for a day that they will sound good to him again! I made a new soup recipe mainly for me: Mexican Chorizo and Corn Soup. I found a package of Chorizo sausage in bottom of the freezer drawer and decided to use it. This soup is really quite tasty. i enjoyed it for my supper. I have dirtied a ton of dishes...first load is being run through the dishwasher as I write this. I am seeing an improvement in my arms...I guess all the meds are beginning to work. I'm not as itchy...but did wake up at 3am itching so it isnt totally gone. The redness is calming down and the swelling is much better too. I'm hoping that Woody will start feeling much better tomorrow after a, hopefully, good night sleep. And, of course, we really don't know if the way he feels is just 2nd Covid vaccine related or a combination of starting Keytruda this week, and/or being on dialysis. Probably never know! But he has hardly moved today...spoken very little, etc. Mostly was just stretched out in his recliner covered with a throw or two. Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment