Thursday, March 4, 2021

Appointments behind us for this week!

Anyway, I hope that tomorrow is a stay-at-home day. This morning we headed off to see his nurse at Fresenius Kidney Care Center. He always has an appointment about two weeks before he goes in to see Dr. O. The one prior to the doctor appointment is to do labs and get general information prior to seeing the doctor. Most of the time it is a pretty quick appintment and it was today once again...in and out. Woody got his iron infusion and I gave them his vitals records that I keep daily prior to and after his treatments. I also give them the thumb drive that is plugged into the dialysis cycler machine and they get information off of it. It has been a beautiful day today...up in the 60s. Woody sat on the front porch for a while after we got home. I came insie and got his next treatment set up and got his lunch...this time he ate a square of lasagna...a very small square but at least he ate some! His dialysis got underway and is still going as I write this. Woody has charged me with choosing what he wants to give me for my birthday. I have been looking for a couple of days now and had about made up my mind and had it in "the cart" and when I went back to look at the item once more it was no longer in my cart...it was out of stock...so back to the drawing board...do I wait or do I choose a different brand and model? I will leave you guessing for a bit until I actually have it in hand1. I am still itching...now both arms. I will be so glad when this itching goes away. I thought it had pretty much gone away, but it came back again yesterday. It just might drive me up the wall!!! But there isn't much to do for it except take antihistimines and I take a daily allergy med. I have been taking Benadryl at night only as I need to function during the day! I am trying an ice pack wrap on my arms alternating back and forth. It helps a little for a little while at least. The only other thing that can be done to stop it is steroids and steroids and this vaccine don't go together. My doctor said that if it continued too many weeks after the 2nd vaccine that she would consider giving me some...BUT that then I would probably need to get the Johnson and Johnson vaccine. I'm ready to be through with vaccines at the moment so will tough it out. It is hard to sleep at night. I usually doze off just out of being so tired...needle in hand or book in hand and wake up several hours later because I'm itching so badly again. By the time that I got Woody's dialysis going around noon I was ready to eat my lunch and then head upstairs to my recliner...and before I knew it I was waking up from a nap. I've managed to get our supper this evening and we have eaten and I got the kitchen cleaned up and the dishwasher going. But as soon as I got that done my recliner was calling my name. So I grabbed the ice pack wrap from the freezer, found a towel to wrap it in and headed up here. I am going to lean back and watch a little TV on my iPad after I publish this and wait for Woody to say he is finished in a few hours. I haven't really felt like cross stitching or reading...so just being lazy and doing nothing for a while! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment