Friday, March 5, 2021

Mystery Solved!

I went downstairs just a couple of minutes ago to get something and Woody asked me if I knew where his toothpaste was. Well, not really! But sometimes I do move it if it is next to the sink because I have to lay the bags of dialysis solution there at the end of his treatments to empty them. Once in a while I will put it in the mug that his toothbrush is in. I remember doing that a few days ago, but not last night. The only thing that I could think of was that it had gotten stuck to the solution bag and I had picked up and thrown it away. I had put a new bag in the tall wastebasket that I keep in the family room for all the medical "stuff" that we throw away daily. But luckily (for me) I hadn't taken it to the outside trash yet. I had put it with the cardboard and was going to take it out tomorrow. I decided that I would take a look and sure enough there it was with the empty solution bags almost at the top of the trash bag. So I saved the day! This was the brand new tube that I had just gotten him...the old tube that just has a little left in it was still on the counter...at least he was't totally out, I'll bet he could have gotten a little out of it if necessary! Today has seemed like Saturday all day long to me. Maybe it is because I keep taking little naps. I didn't sleep well last night due to the itching so today have been dropping off if I get very still for even a short time. I am still itching! I hope this bout with itching ends before I have to get the 2nd vaccine next week! Since I wrote that last I had to run downstairs as I heard Woody and then heard the alarm on the dialysis cycler machine. Woody had gotten up and moved the machine a little and in the process something must have jiggled the cord and sent a message to the machine that there had been a power outage. I got alarms shut off and checked connections and everything seemed okay and the machine reset and resumed again. But I turned around and then back and the screen on the machine was dark. This time I pushed the plug in a little where it connects to the machine. It came back on and once again resumed. I hope that is the end of that problem for tonight. He is in the last probably 1-1/2 or so hours of his treatment so I hope that it continues. I have gotten the time that this dwell is supposed to be over and how much needs to be drained if we should have to do a manual drain...at least it is close to the end of the treatment. Never a dull moment! I did manage enough wake time this afternoon to be able to get the synopsis of the Sunday School lesson done and I went on and sent it off today...might be another reason that I think that it is Saturday...when I do the lesson, I usually email it to the class on Saturday. One of the things I did in the middle of the night was work on an inventory of the sampler charts that I have...if it ever gets completed, I will have a picture next to the names of the samplers along with their designers and where they are located...then when I feel like stitching a sampler I can look through all the ones I have and more easily choose. Doing this I won't have to go through a multitude of magazines and charts choosing. I guess it is something to do with the time that the pandemic has given me...not something that is necessary...but something to do and "could" be useful in time...plus I am just enjoying looking at all the pretties that I could possibly stitch! I had been trying to figure out how to do it for a while and finally came up with a plan and it is working fairly well. It is not something that I will ever print out...will just be on my iPad waiting for me to look through it from time to time when I am in need of something new to stitch. And, it is something that can be sort of mesmorizing and can put me to sleep...so in the middle of the night when I choose to do this for a little while I can only hope that it will put me back to sleep! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment