Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Beautiful Ending to Last Night

Last night while I was writing the blog, I noticed that that it looked golden outside so I grabbed my camera and this is one of the pictures that I captured. It was absolutely beautiful. It was also nesting time for the black birds (starlings) and there were hundreds in our trees. The next photo was shooting away from the golden sky. Not very fond when the birds flock in like this, but can make for interesting photos.
This next photo comes close to capturing the golden glow that surround the whole front yard when I walked outside...that golden moment only lasted a little while.
Just so pretty! Well, today has been fairly busy. Donna and I worked in the library for a couple of hours this morning...trying to get back into the rhythm of library work after being away from it for a year...not easy! I found one glitch when I was checking to see what books I had checked out and it showed that they were due back in 2006! Well, upon closer observation, I discovered that the calendar on the computer had reset itself...probably a function of the time change? The library computers are not connected to the internet so perhaps the internal clock/calendar of these computers didn't change times correctly! I hopefully got the calendar and the clock set properly and that problem will be behind us...but we will have to be aware that there may be some strange due dates on books that have been checked out since the time change. Just one of the little mysteries that seem to crop up in the library. Donna entered books and I guess you could say that I trouble shot! Woody spent a good part of the time that I was away upstairs with both computers...cross word puzzles, baseball information, and Scrabble playing. After lunch I phoned in the next order for Woody's supplies...the ordering day seems to come around all too quickly...every other week it is either order or receive an order. Keeps us on our toes. Then it was time to do a little party planning. Several of us are in the midst of planning a party for a newly married couple, who we couldn't have a party for prior to their wedding mainly due to Covid. Our church is opening back up so we can once again have a party there. A date has been chosen so the planning can get underway in earnest. We made a few decisions today. Woody put the car in the garage as we are due for some strong storms tomorrow. It has been such a lovely day today, I hate to think about strong storms and possible tornados heading our way again...typical Spring days...warm air meeting with colder air...means trouble! But we have enjoyed the last two beautiful days! Woody sat on the porch for a few minutes. I was going to join him and try to cpture a few birds, but in the end got sidetracked inside. I continue to work away on my sampler index. I stand in amazement as to how many I have charts for when you bring in the ones that were published in the magazines. There are some really lovely ones. I look forward to stitching some of them in the months/years to come. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment