Friday, March 12, 2021

May I Provide a Laugh For Your Day?

Now this barn isn't your laugh for the day. Carolyn decided that this was her favorite...sort of a comment on what we have gone through with Pandemic. I posted one last year that I called a barn to summarize 2020. I am hoping that this one isn't a summation of 2021...just of what we have and are going through till we flail our way out of it! Around 9am Woody and I headed off for the Coffee County Fairgrounds so Woody could get his 2nd Moderna Covid vaccine. It was even quicker than the last time. We drove in and shortly were at the front of the line in the tent. When the nurses came toward the car one went to Woody's side of the car and another came to my side. I rolled my window down and said that I had cancelled my vaccine yesterday due to the severity of my reaction to the first vaccine. She took a look and called another nurse over. She told me that I could have it anyway. Ummmmmmm...I don't think so. I told them that I was on steroids...that didn't matter...it was okay to take it if on steroids! I told her that my doctor told me not to get it presently. They said ok...but could they take a picture of my arm and send it to the doctor director of the health department. I said, "Sure." So she snapped away with her phone and then we were asked to move our car out of the tent and to pull over on the grass till they got an answer back. So pull over we did! Woody had had his shot almost as soon as he rolled down his window...I hardly knew that it had happened I was so bombarded! In a few minutes the nurses came over to tell me that the doctor said that I should wait till my arms calmed down and then get it. They are finding out that the two vaccines don't have to be given quite as close as was once thought...that there is a bit more flexibility in the timing. But that I probably wouldn't be quite as immune to Covid as the ones who were getting the 2nd in the time frame suggested. He also said that I needed to get my next vaccine in a larger muscle...aka...the hip! My comment was, "And, just how does that work in a drive through venue!" She said that it could be arranged for me to go to the health department to get mine...and then said, or we could take you to the back of the tent and give it to you! Woody thought that funny!!! And, truthfully so do I. I could hardly get the story out to my sister because I was laughing so much and that got her to laughing, too, even though she still didn't know the "rest of the story." So there...have I given you your laugh for the day! I think it is funny...may not think it so funny at the time! Woody said that this shot made his arm hurt much quicker than the first. He is tired...but he probably has ten or more reasons to be tired so we will probably never know if it is vaccine caused as long as "tired" is his only side effect other than a sore arm...that sore arm we know is a side effect! I waited till after lunch to go to the grocery store...because I was to take the next dose of steroids after lunch. I am trying to abide by all the timetables on my new meds. It rained while I was in the grocery store...very considerate...as I didn't have to put the grocery bags in the car while it was raining nor take them into the house in the rain. We did have a little gardening crew come right after we got back from getting Woody's vaccine...Nathan, Elijah, Isaac, and Joseph showed up to put some mulch around the new plants that they gave me for my birthday. It was perfect timing as I had just given them some good drinks of water. So far they are looking very good...of course I haven't had much time to work my black thumb on them nor has the weather dropped drastically in temperature, yet. You can see the artistic eye of Abigail, Joy and Esther in the placement of the flowers. Very pretty...still! I still haven't seen much improvement in my arms...waiting...maybe not so patiently! The side effects of "energy" have not kicked in with me taking steroids. I did mop the laundry room, which is a very small area...but that wasn't because of extra energy. It was because I had taken things out for the dryer repairman and decided that I should mop before putting said items back in! I am truthfully pretty tired after my busy day. I will be getting Woody's dialysis treatment set up in a little while. He said that he didn't sleep very well last night, but that it was perhaps because he had slept quite a bit while I was away because he was so tired after his gardening efforts of the early morning. So he will continue to give overnight dialysis a try. He said that there was only one alarm in the night and that it came early in the morning. Oh, and, about last night's blog, if you checked at the "normal" time. I had it all written and then it wouldn't post...found out that our internet was out. I posted last night's at 10pm when it came back on. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment