Saturday, March 6, 2021

Rabbits Showed Up on Front Porch Today

I heard a little knock today and went to the door and what should be there but a box and inside the box were these two cute bunnies. They seemed to want something to eat after their long travels so I invited them in to munch on the kitchen herb garden! My sister and I usually exchange Spring gifts and this came from her today. The funny thing is that when I saw what copany the bunnies came from, I told Woody I wondered if she had chosen the same thing that I had marked in the catalogue for her. And, sure enough they were exactly the same thing that I planned to get her! I checked at the website to make sure that they were still available and whenI called Cheryl to thank her for my Spring surprise I asked her if she wanted some too. And then told her what had been my plan. She said "sure" and so after I hung up I made my order and they should be hopping her way shortly! It is funny to think that out of all of the things in that catalogue we picked the exact same items. I am still combatting the "itchies!" I am so ready for them to go away, but so far no such luck. Today I am trying a new tactic...every time I start to realize that they are coming back I slather on a paste of baking soda and water...maybe what is good for a bee sting is good for whatever this is that ails me?!? It has helped some...at least I don't have the urge to claw at my arms constantly! But I am having to put this on fairly regularly. It stings when I first put it on, but after it dries, the itch goes away for at least a little while. The longer this lasts, the more hesitant I am about this Friday getting another one! I'm ready for this side effect to move on! My body definitely does not like this vaccine! I want to say "this too will pass," but I am beginning to wonder! My accomplishment of the day was to make chicken stock...plopped everything in the pot and let it cook for hours. The pot with the chicken stock in it is now sitting in an ice water bath in the kitchen sink. I will start freezing portions of it when I go back downstairs and put the rest in the refrigerator. A good job done without a lot of effort on my part! I did go to Walmart late this afternoon. I realized that my benadryl was out of date by quite a bit so thought that I should get some new to see if it would be of more benefit than what I had seemed to be...it didn't even seem to make me sleepy. We will see if the new helps to calm things down. Woody had a major accomplishment today. He finished preparing our taxes. We both signed the form and I put it in the mailbox and it got picked up. So it should be winging its way to Uncle Sam! Woody's dialysis treatment seems to be going along today without any hitches. He should be on his 4th and last cycle of today's treatments. He has been watching college basketball games. Guess I will go back downstairs and work on getting the chicken stock put away...that means that we will once again have "liquid gold" in the freezer for when I need it in a recipe. Always good to have it on hand. Today's has fresh parsley and thyme from my kitchen hydroponic garden that I'm now sharing with my new bunnies. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment