Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Day 1 of 12 Days of Christmas: Christmas Memories

I have decided that I will continue Christmas memories until Ephiphany, January 6th. Thus today is Day 1 of the 12 days of Christmas. I decided that I will share various nativity pieces that I have collected over the years for the next 12 days. I'm starting in the china cabinet as I have featured different parts of nativities in each of the windows on each of the shelves in it. Tonight's is Precious Moments...other than what I have on display in the main Precious Moment's Nativity. The plate at the back has the Wee Three Kings on it. The small nativity is a piece from Precious Moments Sugar Town...I only collected this one piece from thqt set...just the tiny manjor scene for the town! My newest nativity Precious Moments is this sweet music box that was gifted to me this year by a dear friend. It plays "Oh Come All Ye Faithful." We had a really nice day yesterday with family...16 of us gathered and we gifted and feasted and visited. It was especially nice since Woody was able to be in the room with us rather than at Vanderbilt hospital in Nashville, as he was last year! He slept well after all the festivities yesterday, but enjoyed being able to be in the midst of it all! He had dialysis this morning and I have been putting things back to rights today. Dishes have been put away and decorations that had to be moved so we could eat are almost back in place. Dish towels, table cloths, napkins, and new clothing items have been washed and dried and put away...so all in all we are in the midst of that "come back down to earth after Christmas" mode! I have napped and stitched and straightened things up...sort of slowly coming back to reality! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! 'Tis the season...still!

No comments:

Post a Comment