Sunday, December 24, 2023

Day 24: Christmas Memories

Can you believe that tonight is Christmas Eve?!? Tonight's memory ornament has been on our tree for many, many years. When I look for ornaments to add, I try to choose something that has to do with interests of our family. We all love to read and at Christmas one of the traditions was to read Christmas stories at bedtime...or any time. Each year I added a new Christmas book to our collection. I continued to add new Christmas books over the years for the grandchildren. So I was pretty happy when I found this tiny copy of The Night Before Christmas...and, the whole poem is in this little book! Today Woody and I both went to Sunday School and then came home to watch church on my iPad. I have been preparing for our family Christmas that we will celebrate in the morning. I have the Christmas pork chop roasts all put together and will cook them in the morning for our lunch meal. Everyone is planning to gather around 9am and go from there! I'm sure that big times will be had by all! My batteries are running down...still some more to do...maybe it will get done and maybe it won't! Family Christmas Celebration will happen whether I am ready or not! And, probably what I haven't gotten done won't be noticed! My eyes are some better, but still pretty black and the bruise has traveled down my cheek around the corner of my mouth. One of the things that I started doing yesterday is listen to an audio Christmas book while I am working around the house. I finished one and checked out another through the library app, Libby. I am enjoying listening to "feel-good" Christmas stories. Woody continues to do well. I think it is partially because he has started drinking more...thus not as dehydrated as he had been. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! 'Tis the season! 'Tis Christmas Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment