Saturday, December 23, 2023

Day 23: Christmas Memories

Tonight's ornament memory is what we call now call "card balls." Mother, who introduced them called them story balls. The first picture is of one she made for us when the children were really little. She used cards that I had received as a child in this one. She told us that we could make up stories about the pictures. The children and I have made many card balls over the years...using all sizes of circles...so we have large card balls and some quite small ones made from circles the size of a dime. The two card balls in the next picture are probably made with about quarter-size circles. I used Melany's baby cards and made two card balls...one I gave to her and one I kept for our tree. The other one in the picture is made with Nathan's baby cards and I did the same thing...one for him and one for me. Woody had a good day at dialysis. He was very happy upon leaving knowing that he didn't go back till after Christmas. I have had a busy, busy day as we approach our Christmas Day celebration. Nathan came over and helped me do some "sonny-do jobs." I asked him to slice the two pork roasts into thick pork chops. I made a "roast" with the chops...I line them up on their sides in a loaf pan and put an apple stuffing in between each chop. I started making this recipe at Christmas back in the 90s and we hadn't had it in a while so we all decided that it sounded good to have this year. Nathan got our Christmas plates out of the cabinet. He also helped me take decorations that are on tables that we are going to eat on and put them on the sewing cutting table upstairs...so I have carolers and trees that have joined me this evening in my room! We moved the coffee table out of the way for Christmas morning. He helped me from having to make numerous trips up and down the stairs! He says that I look like a raccoon...and that is a pretty good description. I will try to remember to post a picture of the progresion of my balck eyes! The swelling is down and I can open that eye and can see! I'm still pretty rough looking! I needed to deliver a Christmas goodie to a couple of neighbors...I warned them in advance about my appearance! I made Cranberry Banana Bread this morning (what I gifted) and also made enchiladas for us. I still need to make Woody's sausage...I thought I was good till after breakfast tomorrow, but he decided that he wanted French Toast and sausage for supper so now no sausage for in the morning. I will at least get the ground pork and seasonings, etc. mixed together tonight. I may wait to actually cook the sausage till in the morning. My batteries are starting to run down! Tomorrow is another day, as Scarlett would remind us! I am teaching Sunday School in the morning...hope they can focus on other things than my eyes!!!! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment