Friday, December 15, 2023

Day 15: Christmas Memories

Today I just sat with a Christmas cup of hot cranberry juice and let lots of memories of Christmases past roll through my mind as I looked at our tree with the sun shining in on it. That was one of the things that I promised myself that I would do once I was retired and didn't have to head out the door early every morning...sit and relax and enjoy Christmas thoughts while sipping my morning tea (well, cranberry juice today). Today was interrupted by an appointment at wound care. It started earlier than usual and it ended up lasting longer than usual. We were taken right into a room, but didn't leave that room for almost two hours. They checked wounds and also got his brace readjusted. We will go back to see them in two weeks. They are just so nice in that office and also so knowledgable and the doctor and nurses work so well together...taking each others suggestions and running with them. Today's adjustment with woody's brace gives him less movement...less bending of his knee when he is wearing it...rather difficult to get him into the car! We'll see if it gets easier! I'd probably better add in a few couple of minutes in the morning for getting him in and out of the car as we head to dialyis in the wee hours! The appointment wore us both out. I know he dozed a little after lunch and I probably had a longer nap than he. Woody addressed more Christmas cards today...just a few to go...but more envelopes are needed as well as a few more stamps...two booklets of stamps didn't quite make it to the end of our Christmas card list. I guess one more trip to the Post Office will be needed before Christmas. I had hoped for only one! I hope that I can find the window where I don't have to stand in line very long! Both packages that I mailed on Monday have already made it to Alabama and Arizona...both were delivered yesterday. So I am happy that I got the packages off when I wanted to and that the mail is still moving quickly. I havea been working on our grocery list...which means trying to figure out what to cook for the coming week...I think that those decisions have been made. Now I'm just trying to get all needed ingredients onto the list. I will go first to Walmart in the morning after I drop Woody off and get the envelopes and anything else that I think of that we might need from there. Going a little after six definitely beats the crowd! I think that the timing of going there first will get me to Kroger as they open at 7am. That is why I am trying to have my list all made out tonight. Sometimes I come home after dropping Woody off and get the list finalized and then go back...but at the moment I figure I can use the time saved to do something else that I need to do to "get ready for Christmas!" To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment