Monday, December 11, 2023

Day 11: Christmas Memories

Tonight's memory centers around stamps...for one thing stamps used to be much cheaper than they are today!!!! Another memory that the stamp ornaments that hang on our tree remind me of is me collecting stamps since I think I was in 6th grade. My Grandfather Vrooman gave me his collection and I had great fun going through his stamps and transferribg them to my stamp book. We continued collecting for many years...after we married we continued my collection and only collected mint stamps. In recent years we sort of stopped once new stamps came out constantly...could hardly keep up with all the new ones. It used to be such a treat when a new stamp came out...The reasob that I chose a stamp ornament today was that I was successful in gettibg ny packages to AZ and AL mailed this morning and even managed to go at a time when there was absolutely no line. The only hold up was that the computer froze up when I got to the window so had to step to the next window. When I left there was a line, so I chose a very good time to go! I spent the afternoon doing machine embroidery ornaments...I have added three more. Since I have to sit right next to the machine while it stitches at 500 stitches per minute, I had to come up with things that I could do that would be productive! I balanced our checkbook, I made a book order for the church library, I paid our car insurance, I read a little, I got a start on writing our Christmas letter. Woody has had a relaxing day, since he didnt have to go anywhere. We were glad to not go to dialysis this morning as it was in the upper 20s. But we will feel the brunt of the temperatures in the morning as the low is supposed to be 23°. Brrrrrrr! I went to prayer meeting tonight. That is the reason that I am a bit late ib psting. BUT the BIGGEST reason for not already posting is that I found a very exciting tezt from Abigail which was only a photo. But there was a very shiny ring on her ring finger and she was smiling very big!!!! Still absorbing the news. I was especting it, but it is still hard to realize that Abigail is engaged! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment