Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Day 2 of 12 Days of Christmas: Christmas Memories

Tonight's manger scene is appropriate for the day, as you will see as I proceed with today's happenings. This glass manger scene of Mary and Joseph and Baby Jesus in the manger was givrn to us many years ago by our dear friends, Linda and Doyle. There are two glass angel ornaments that I added to the scene. It resides this Christmas in the spot with other of our glass pieces. The plate in the background is the church of my childhood and the church Woody and I married in, First United Methodist of Glendale, AZ. We have had such nice day. We invited Linda over for an afternoon lunch of Christmas leftovers and Christmas goodies. The three of us ate in the dining room. After lunch, Woody headed back to his recliner and Linda and I looked at decorations...I pointed out the many she and Doyle had given us over the years. We looked at ornaments on the tree and I shared my memories about various ones with her. We had a very nice visit...the time just seemed to fly by. Before we knew it was time for her to head home before the sun went down. Such a nice post-Christmas celebration! Dialysis in the morning...so a normal Thursday for us. I received a phone message that the time may need to be changed for his oncology appointment on Friday. I nope not much earlier, since he has Wound Care late morning Friday. I attempted to call them back, but the office was closed for the day. I guess we will find out in the morning. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautioous! 'Tis the season!
Maybe I'm a little better???

No comments:

Post a Comment