Friday, December 29, 2023

Day 4 of 12 Days of Christmas

Tonight's nativity is in the form of a bell...it is very pastel in color so a bit hard to see...but the nativity scene runs around the whole bell...Mary, Joseph, Baby Jesus, sheep, shepherd's, and Wosemen. The angel plate at the back is, I believe, a Hadley pottery piece from the M.A. Hadley Pottery of Louisville, KY. The two little carolers are tree ornaments that I chose to use as decorative pieces...there is a third caroler who resides on the tree. The Hasty's gave me the bell many years back, a co-worker from Montessori school gave me the plate, and my favorite (only) sister, Cheryl, gave me the caroler orhaments. So memories of longtime friendships, my teaching yeats, and family when I look in this window of our china cabinet! Today was a busy day of appointments and luckily I took a snack for Woody to eat between appointments as we didn't have time to go home in between. So for Woody...he left the house at 10:30am and didn't return till 3:30pm. First he had a wound care appointment. Everything is status quo with that appointment. I think that they were more interested in my "wounds" than Woody's this time! The nurse did give me some free samples of a type of bandage that is recommended for bruises. She suggested that I try it on the main bump on my forehead. After that appointment, we got in the car and I drove through the hospital parking lot and before going out onto the street that we take to go home, I turned left before getting to the street and drove right into the parking lot of TN Oncology. I parked and got him into the waiting room and signed in and then I headed back home to await a call telling me that he was finished. That appointment takes about two hours. I came home and ate lunch and did a couple of things before it was time to go back to get him. When I got him home, he ate and decided that he would lump that meal in as supper, too, since it was so late. Today can pretty much be chalked up to being taken up with those two appointments. Now we are watching the weather...it might snow over night...hoping that it will only be a dusting...or less...and, NO ice! I guess we will see what we wake up to in the morning! I am counting on it being a safe drive to dialysis!!!! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! 'Tis the season...still! I did sit for a while and just enjoy our Christmas tree this afternoon while I waited to be called to pick Woody up...so still enjoying the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment