Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Day 19: Christmas Memories

And, who could forget Christmas 2020!?! I made quite a few masks (real size) during the pandemic and decided that would be the ornament that I made for so many that year...miniature masks with 2020 on them. That was some Christmas. We zoomed our Christmas gift opening with Melany's family and with Nathan's that year. Today has been a busy day. Woody had dialysis early and we didn't totally turn into popscicles! But it was very cold outside. Each time we went out today we were very glad to get back inside to warmth. I made Spicy Vegetable Beef Soup this morning and also did a library task so that the new book order would be ready for Donna and I to work on in the church library this afternoon. Donna and I met at the library for a couple of hours and have the books closer to ready to get them on the shelves. The next time we work, we should have them ready to be checked out. Late this afternoon Nathan stopped by with Woody's computer...it had been back to get fixed...again! This time it is virtually a new computer...all they used of the old one was the harddrive...which they replaced the last time. Fingers crossed it will work and he will be back in business and will be able to at least do Wordle each morning! The rebirth of his computer is my main gift to him for Christmas this year! I am hoping that this rebuilt one will be btter than the original one that I bought him for Christmas several years ago...that one has caused him a lot of grief! Will let you know if this one behaves better! Nathan helped me out by delivering some soup to a backdoor neighbor, This neighbor has been helping us with our yard and I wanted to thank him somehow and he told me when we talked that he would love some homemade soup somethime when I made it..so today was that day and Nathan carried it over to him for me. Nathan attempted to log on and see if the computer worked at least for him. It did so he was on his way. He stopped by after his day at work as a children's minister. He is enjoying being a part time minister. Kathy and Joy showed up a little while after Nathan left..."have scissors will travel," we can call Joy! She came armed with a bag of items needed to give Woody a much needed haircut. I rewarmed Woody's soup after they left (he had just started eating when they arrived) and I came upstairs to rest...fell asleep and am just awakening...wonder if this will make sense! To be continued! Be safe! Be weil! Be cautious! 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment