Friday, December 8, 2023

Day 8: Christmas Memories

Tonight's memories go waaaaaaaaay back! Plus I do have an ornament of this photo on our tree...so it is a memory on the tree also. When I first saw this photo, I realized that I really did live in a "Leave it to Beaver" time! Note I have the same skirt on in both photos...note it is not a poodle skirt but a dauchshund skirt! I'm sure that the picture of Cheryl and me was part of the annual taking of photos to find the perfect one for that year's Christmas card. A lot of my Facebook friends look for me to post the tree decorating picture on my Facebook page each year...today was "the day" so I decided to use it here, too. I used the one with just Cheryl and me as my profile picture and that is where the "Merry Christmas" came from...not from a Christmas card of yesteryear! Today has been a day of coming and going. He had a wound care appointment at 11 and then his Oncology appointment for Keytruda at 2:15. We got home from wound care in time for lunch and a little rest before it was time to head out again. His nurse at wound care was hopeful that he wouldn't have to have labs at Oncology, since he had just had them yesterday, so she printed off all the lab information from yesterday's and wonders will never cease they accepted them this time and he didn't have to have labs done again today! Oncology is not connected with Vanderbilt so information isn't shared with them plus they also need other lab draws than are done by dialysis or infectious disease or whomever! The one thing that Oncology needs to check that the others don't check is his thyroid. But since his reading was good on their last labs, they let him have a pass today! We will be thanking that wound care nurse the next time we see her. Everything at wound care was status quo and his labs that infectious disease ordered showed that his white count was good...so no underlying bad infection at this time. The wound care doctor has us continuing to treat the lower part of his leg just as we have been. We go back to see her again next week as two weeks from today is a day off and she didn't want to go three weeks without checking on his leg. We really do like the wound care doctor and all their nurses...they really take their time with us and are very thorough and are always thinking out of the box. Today whie the nurse was waiting on the doctor to come back in, she checked to see what Keytruda might be doing to his system, Anyway, we are impressed with wound care at Vanderbilt Harton in small-town Tullahoma. While Woody was at Oncology (I have about a two-hour window while he is there.) I headed home and got busy on my last sewing project for AZ...really my last sewing project that has anything to do with Christmas. I do still have machine embroidery to do...but that is just sit there and watch that nothing bad goes wrong with the machine while it is stitching at 600 stitches per minute and to change thread and wind bobbins periodically. When these machine embroidery pieces are stitched...they are finished except for washing out the water soluble material and let them dry and then add a string/strand of floss as a hanger. It just takes quite a while for each ornament so finding the time is my main duty on that...and finding a time that there are no possibilities of storms in the area as I don't run my machine during thunderstorms...nor is it even plugged in ever when I am not sewing...taking no chances at power surges! The reason that I am mentioning storms is that we have some rough stormy weather predicted for late tomorrow...so there may not be any machine embroidery taking place tomorrow night. But first I must get back to my sewibg...not going to machine embroider till the sewing is finished. Woody has turned in for the night. I will go add a few more things to the dishwasher and push the start button and then head back upstairs to see if I can at least get these items cut out this evening. I made one this afternoon...but it was a practice to get back into remembering how to make these items...I remembered quickly...and produced one of these items for Woody and me...a practice one that is usuable. Next I will have to get busy wrapping and packaging all these gifts up so I can get them in the mail. I wish that I could get them off tomorrow...but I am doubtful that I will have them and the wrapping all done by noon tomorrow, when the Post Office closes...so the more realistic goal is Monday. Time will tell!!!! To be continued! Be safe Be well! Be cautious! 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment