Saturday, December 2, 2023

Day 2: Christmas Memory

I had really planned for the memories to be ornaments on the tree, but when Melany shared her memory last night, I decided that I would branch out out to other decorations. Tonight's photo shows our first Nativity. My cousin Sue fom Massachusetts, sent it to us in the very early years of our marriage. I'm guessing that she gave it to us either 52 or 53 years ago. She was my only first cousin, my mother's sister's (Aunt Lois) daughter. She was about 18 months older than I. We lost her way too soon. She died 30 years ago this year...I can keep track because she died the same year that our first grandchild, Erin, was born. Back to pleasant Christmas memories! We had moved back to Tullahoma after living in CA for two years and were living in our home on Westview. I'm thinking that Melany was between 3 and 4. I was in the kitchen and Melany was in the living room and all of a sudden she exclaimed, "It's a miracle!" I walked out into the living room to see what she was talking about. At that moment the sun was shining through the window casting a beam of light directly on Baby Jesus and no where else in the nativity...a miracle in the eyes of a young child! Sweet Christmas memories! We have had a pretty good day. Woody said that dialysis went well except that he did get sick close to the beginning of dialysis. I'm wondering if this time it was that he ate breakfast a little closer to the start of dialysis...not quite as early as I sometimes put it in front of him...was running a little later this morning. It was raining when we left so he may have taken less time getting into the car...sometimes that can take a while, but when it is raining there is more of a rush to keep from getting wet! All we can do is speculate! He has been fine the rest of the day. I have done very little on getting ready for Christmas today, as I spent a good portion of the time Woody was in dialysis getting the shopping list ready, then shopping and then coming home and putting refrigerated things away and then heading off to pick him up and finishing the grocery putting away after I got him settled...then it was lunch and then I dozed a bit as I didn't get the best night's sleep last night. I had a nice Christmas serindipity, as I came out of the grocery store this morning...I heard my first "bell ringers" of the season. The unexpected part to that encounter was that was that "the ringers" were some long time friends, It was nice to get to visit with them after not seeing them for probably some years. Good to see Deanna and Jeannie! I did make some good progress on my Christmas stitching...may continue that after I blog and do wound care and get the kitchen cleaned up for the night...or I may do a little machine sewing...time will tell on what I acctually do! Woody has done crosswords and watched football today. He enjoys knowing that he has two days off from dialysis. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment