Thursday, December 7, 2023

Day 7: Christmas Memories

Got carried away with 'tis the season stuff and just realized what time it is. With all our "barn trips" how could I not have a few barns on the tree. The pale green one Melany, Wade, amd Erinnfave me last year. The other two, Marie, the "driving force" on our barn trips...aka our driver. What fun we have on our barn trips! Nice to thinknabout them when I see these ornaments on the tree. Woody had dialysis early per usual on Thursday. I headed off to WalMart as soon as I dropped him off. I did find an iron. It's going to take some getting used to...a different weight than my od one and buttons work just a little differently...but it gets hot and it steams...so I will get used to the rest. I have made steady progress on items for Christmas...the pile grows higher of finished items...for out of town gifts that have to be mailed, I can start to see the end of the tunnel. I have worked hard off and on all day. I also went to Hobby Lobby just before picking Woody up from dialysis and got a couple of items that will make the finishing easier and quicker for one item I am making...a good thing at this point. I am hoping to have that done before I go to bed tonight. Then I will be able to finish the other gift in the morning. Then to wrap and get a box packed and ready to mail...still quite a bit to go but as the Little Engine that Could said, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!" I brought a snack along for Woody to nibble on after dialysis because he needed to have labs done for his infectious disease doctor. I knew that if we went home and then planned to come back out that it would be hard to make ourselves go out again! The lab appointment went well...both in that it was quick, but also that the tech/nurse was very good and was successful As we were heading out of the lab, a nurse said, "Mrs. Dorrell?" I turned and it was a mom of three of my Montessori children of years back...they are all in college or graduate school now...so a lot of water under the bridge. It was so good to talk to her and get brought back up on her boys...all of whom are planning to be in the medical field. We headed home after my chat and it was lunch time. I got Woody his lunch and something for me and then I headed upstairs again to get back to work on creating! BUT Woody was not settled in abd ended up getting sick a couple of times...several changes of clothes and two loads of wash and a Zofran and he got to feeling better and we continued on into the rest of the afternoon and evening. He is all tucked in now and the last load of wash should be dry. The kitchen has been closed down for the night and I am back upstairs with needle and thread...scissors...rotary cutters and pins surrounded by one mess or another...but the piles of messes are getting less and the bed is getting covered with more finishes than "to-dos." To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment